01 March 2012

Happy March!

Happy first day of March!

The only thing actually exciting about it being the first of March was that I realized today I turn 24 in less than two weeks.  Which gives me the heebie-jeebies.

In other news, life has been pretty hectic, and by hectic, I mean short bursts of activity broken up by long breaks in the bookstore reading The Hunger Games.  Yesterday I turned in my scholarship application, registered with the city, and checked out the university campus a little with my roommate.  I've also spent spent a crap ton of money on things like curtains, light bulbs, and coat hangers.  My roommate and I made a pretty epic Ikea run in Kassel last night.  I picked up two bookshelves, only to discover later that literacy is apparently no longer a requirement for Ikea installation projects--which is awesome if Pictionary is your strong suit, less so if you require words to put things together.  Not that it matters much anyway, seeing as how you apparently needed a power screwdriver whatever-those-things-are-called, which we don't have, so my bookshelves are currently sitting in pieces on my floor until this situation resolves itself.

My roommate also had a little party the other day, so I got to meet a good many of her friends, and they are a fabulous time.  We have revived the games German Words Americans Can't Say and English Words Germans Can't Say, and are currently locked in Facebook debate as to whether or not any German will ever be able to say the word "squirrel."  The answer is probably no.  But aside from this discovery, my roommate and I have also found that we have the same horrible taste in television, so we've spent the last couple evenings up late watching model shows.  Which is pretty fabulous, I must say.

And, that's all I've got!  I've got a crap ton of bureaucracy to wade through tomorrow, a Hunger Games trilogy to finish, and detail arranging for Amsterdam to arrange in detail. But the good news is that our hostel is booked (we're staying on a BOAT!  How awesome is that!  I for one plan on singing the "I'm on a boat" song the entire weekend).  We're leaving on Thursday the 8th, and coming back on my birthday. I'm so excited I can barely sit still.  But I have to sit still.  At least, long enough to matriculate.

New favorite song!  Still on an epic Ed Sheeran kick, so here, have some more of my favorite singing ginger!

4 comments:

Zack said...

If you don't turn it into a pirate ship and go pillaging, I am going to be severely disappointed in you.

Anonymous said...

I second what Zack said.

<3amy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mimontheuke said...

I reeeeeeeallly need to buckle down and decide if/when I am coming to Europe and we reeeeeeealllly need to make plans, ecause it could be suuuuuper fun because you do all sorts of cool things!

And I am good at IKEA stuff since that is what half my house consists of. If I was there I would put the book case together for you!