16 July 2013

A Crazy Psycho Neighbors Update and other news

So I realized the other day it's been ages since I've posted anything about my Crazy Psycho Neighbors. The reason for that is that there's nothing to say. Weirdly, alarmingly, they decided a couple months ago that they love me. I know, I don't really get it either, but if there's anything a lifetime of being around horses has taught me, it's don't look them in the damn mouth. They've got sharp teeth in there. Anyway, instead of listening to my neighbors curse me out for a foreigner, now we overhear them prattling on in the garden about how nice I am and how hard I work and how proud of me my parents can be (hear that parents?). Now I only have to deal with their long racist tirades about the Roma that live across the street and how criminality is bred into the children. Not awkward at all. But at any rate, it's a nice change to sort of be on good terms with my neighbors, so to keep them happy, I make sure to take them cookies and pastries every time I bake. I say "sort of" because I think of my edible gifts more as feeding the dragon than neighborly kindness.

In other news, I paid tuition today on the last semester of my M.A. Gotta buckle down and start planning Adventuretime Mexicoland hardcore. At any rate, it's weird to be looking down the barrel at the end of my time in Germany (for the foreseeable future). This is the most settled I've been since high school, and it baffles me that I have to start planning to leave. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for a change, but I can't help but wonder how the last two years have flown by so quickly.

In other other news guess who's coming to visit me tomorrow?

THIS LADY!

That's right, MY MOM! Who is so cool that when she finds a little store in a back alley in Óbidos, Portugal, offering to dress you up like a Renaissance princess, she says YES WE WILL DO THIS.

My mom has never been to Germany before, and she's also the first member of my family to visit me! So she gets the grand Göttingen tour (my Crazy Psycho Neighbors can't wait to meet her) and then we're heading down to Coburg over the weekend for some proper Bavarian castle parties. Personally, I can't wait to see my mom meet Al's parents who, when they speak English, do so with the most hilarious accents the world has ever seen. This is going to be absolutely brilliant.

Alrights my lovelies, I've got to go clean things so my mom thinks I'm a responsible adult.

Peace out!

No comments: