13 August 2012

Bitch Papers, and other stories

Once again, apologies for my extend absence.  I am writing the Bitch Of All Papers, and it's kicking my ass.  I'm a horribly slow writer as it is, but once I have to write in German, I feel like I have to drag the words out of my skull kicking and screaming.

I don't have much new or interesting to report because I've literally been locked in a room for the last four days working on this paper (which, incidentally, still isn't finished).  But Al and I did take a break two days ago to go run around in the woods and try to find castle ruins.  We were unsuccessful at finding ruins, highly successful at getting lost and having to tromp through a cornfield in the darkness.  It was a blast.  The best part was when we stumbled across a pen of sheep, and discovered that Al can baa convincingly enough to fool the sheep into having a conversation with him.

I did make it to the doctor.  I have an MRI scheduled for later in the month, but the doctor said his suspicion is that something in my knee is getting stuck, and can't move properly.  That's all well and good, except my MRI is schedule for four days before I go to Ireland, which means I won't find out what's wrong with me until after I come back, at which point I will probably have made my knee that much worse for having cycled around a country.  Meh.  It'll be fine.

Since I covered the Olympic Opening Ceremonies, I only felt it right to make a short list of my favorite parts of the Closing Ceremonies.  Here goes:

--The audience miscounting down the Big Ben chimes at the beginning, and giving up at 8.

--London Taxi fashion, covered in newspaper.

--That Batman and Robin survived the tragic Taxi explosion.  Thank goodness, we need Joseph Gordon-Levitt to come back for the next movie.

--The bikers wearing what I interpreted to be bright orange KKK hats.

--All the people with light bulbs on their heads.

--The building of what I thought was an elephant out of clouds, but which turned out to be John Lennon's face.

--Russell Brand not singing, and thank God for that, because he's a tool.

--The techno octopus.

--Learning that Taio Cruz is British.  Who knew?

--Spice Girls.  Enough said.


New favorite song of the day!  Julia Nunes and Walk Off The Earth team up to cover FUN.  Yay!


Adios!

No comments: