05 August 2012

Some interesting things

Here are some interesting things that have happened to me in the last few days:

--I officially got insurance.  After all my paperwork went in, I suffered three hours of more or less complete panic after receiving a letter two days later saying they weren't sure whether I, a student, qualified for student health insurance in Germany.  I immediately headed over to the insurance office on campus, but because this is me we're talking about, they decided to close for the entire month of August.  Joy.  So I went to an office in the city, where I explained my long and complicated story to a very bewildered lady.  She wound up calling the people who sent me the letter to be like, "WTF?"  Turns out, all they coveted was a signed copy of my transcripts...because that makes sense.  Bewildered Lady faxed that copy, and my health insurance card arrived the next day.  Booyah.

--I made biscuits.  They called for buttermilk, which I did not have, so I tried the milk and lemon juice method.  Didn't actually work.  Used milk with lemon juice in it in the biscuits.  Still ate them.

--We saw Dark Knight Rises (in English) and CHRIST was it kick-ass.  I don't even like Batman, but I'm glad I somehow got talked into seeing it.  Holy creepy voices, Batman, Bane was the scariest thing ever.  I did find it pretty ironic that the bad guys were basically Occupy protesters rocking AK-47s.  Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  Enough said.

--Boy and I are going to POLAND in a week and a half!  YAY!

--British Friend moved to Prague, and I am very sad, but we had a really nice going-away grill party for her.  

--My remaining papers are kicking my ass.

And that's about it.  Hope everything is well with you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eddie Vedder Hater!!