23 October 2012

Here we go again!

The new semester is here!  Despite the fact that I wince every time I look at my schedule because I've got a crapton of work to do, I'm really pumped.  This semester is going to be fabulous.  I've got fun, interesting classes, I'm starting my awesomely kickass job on Thursday, and I'm applying for all sorts of fun internships in all sorts of fun places--Namibia, Switzerland, England...it's going to be brilliant!

Other things that are fun:

--Jean was out at the beginning of the month to visit, and it was amazing seeing her again and getting to run around, do ridiculous things, and explore eight million different castles.

--Indian food party--delicious and highly entertaining.

--Chilling on a friend's roof talking about politics, which eventually devolved into writing insane notes.  I was particularly proud of the one that said:

PROPERTY OF FELIX BAUMGARTNER

To Do List:

Drink red bull
Grow wings
Jump from space, motherfucker.

This note-writing further devolved into turning said notes into paper airplanes and unleashing them on the passerby below.  Only two guys actually picked up any of our planes, and then only because we were harassing them from the rooftop.

--Enjoying the random week of sunshine by sitting outside with cookies and reading Good Omens.


This week is really easy because most of my classes don't start until next week.  Seeing as I have so much time on my hands, I've decided to plan and execute a HALLOWEEN PARTY, which I am fiendishly excited about.  Personal opinion, Halloween is the best random holiday of the year and the Germans don't know what they're missing.  I've got a crazy long shopping list, I invented the ghetto version of apple cider, I had Jean bring me pumpkin carving kits, just so we could do this properly.  I'm even making my mom's pigs in a blanket, a requirement for any party worth it's salt--but I'm going to wrap the sausages to look like mummies instead.  So pumped.

That's about all I've got for now!  Got to get started on my first reading of the semester.

Adios!

4 comments:

Roomie said...

I'm looking forward to the mummy pigs :D

bevchen said...

Sausages wrapped to look like mummies = WIN!! I'm going to see my friend's band perform on Halloween. I will be dressed up though, even if I turn out to be the only one!

Indian food is the best. I hosted a curry night in January. Now it's getting colder, I feel it's time to do it again.

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

Just stumbled upon our blog an love it - I'm an expat in Germany as well. Very impressed you're doing a masters in german, that might be a goal of mine but long ways to gow ith the language before then! You show those Germans how Halloween is really done!

Anonymous said...

I did!

--Tina