22 February 2013

Roommate hunt is on

Hey all!

Still lacking in anything truly interesting to tell you, but figure I'd at least make a short post about roommate hunting.  The hunt is still on--I have thus far offered the apartment to four people, the first three have turned me down and now I'm waiting to hear back from number four.  Let's take a look at some of the people who have come by:

1) Guy who talked nonstop about how perfect the apartment was and how he really really wanted it and then when I offered it to him, turned me down.

2) Girl who managed to make fun of Mexicans and my boyfriend in practically the same breath and then round it off with a pensive "Americans are weird, aren't they?"  You're weird.  Get the hell out of my apartment.

3)  Everyone who has responded to my apartment offer with, "No thanks, but don't worry, it's not you, it's me."  No, it is me, I didn't realize we were breaking up.

Sigh.

In other news, I've turned in a grant proposal  the first of my papers, and now I have a little over two weeks to write my next one. Which sounds doable, until I remember that I have Spanish course 5 days a week from 8-12 and then work three days a week from 12-3 and then riding and singing thrown in there for fun.  Oy.  On that note, I'm going to go to the library and start reading things, but have my new favorite song of the day!


Adios!

3 comments:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

Oh that brings me back to my search for an apartment here, which was pretty much the most awkward experience of my life. So I think you're on the better end of it. You can weed out people like #2. But ya, #1 is what my friends here trained me to say when I was looking, but whatcanyado?

Best of luck!!

Roomie (still) said...

Hm, was Number 2 the one who closely examined my books and made inappropriate comments about them? The one who looked into our garbage cans?

I don't get why you did not like her... Who needs privacy anyway?

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAA I forgot about the going through our books and our garbage cans! Oh yeah, that happened :D

--Tina