06 October 2011

I'M IN THE NEWSPAPER!

First things first, a review of the Bucket List, and all the things we've already crossed off:

1)  Be mistaken for at least six different ethnicities  3/6 completed
2)  Be physically assaulted by a PPB (which Sam has defined as punched, kicked, or slapped, which is a much better alternative to what I thought she initially meant.)
3)  Give a stranger a flower
4)  Start an English language Silly Bandz trend
5)  Make a Tina video
6)  Wear blue nail polish and convince everyone that that's what Americans do
7)  Be/meet a German soap opera star
8)  Stall out my manual transmission in a highly inconvenient place
9)  Wear the German flag colors/wear a flag as a dress
10)  Go Christmas caroling
11)  Climb a German mountain (clothing optional)
12)  Get into a magazine (preferably a golfing one)
13)  Learn to sail
14)  Go to Iceland
15)  SHBF
16)  Discover the difference between Euro and gay, and be able to spot it at 90% accuracy.
17)  Meet Angela Merkel A Ugandan Mayor
18)  Go to the British military base
19)  Do the Deb voice somewhere, to someone who doesn't know what it is. 

And now, we can officially cross off number 12)  Get into a magazine (preferably a golfing one) newspaper!

That's the super-exciting thing I couldn't tell you..I'm in the newspaper!  And not even like a little blurb thrown between the obituaries and an advertisement for Johanna's Boobs, Bier, and Brauhaus.  I'm talking all-out, full-frontal, newspaper madness!  So much better than Johanna's.  Pictures below for your enjoyment:




I can't even say it's an article about au pairs in Celle, which is what I thought it was originally.  It's an article about me.  Just me.  CRAZY!

Some minor points of interest about the article:
1)  I speak much better German in print than I do in real life
2)  There are some fabrications, like that I attend a German course, and eat tons of this nougat-creme, which, for the record, I don't.  

So that's it!  I'm in the newspaper!  Neat!

Edit:  There are more pictures, including ones with the horse, that didn't make it in the paper.  Email me and I'll send you them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had known learning to sail was on your bucket list. Would have popped our 19' into Lake Lemon during UWC and given you some lessons.

Jim

Anonymous said...

your mother wants a copy of that newspaper

Scarlett said...

1. AWESOME!

2. You've already worn the German flag as a dress (July '08) – with me. So you can cross that one off! :)

Mugambismonkey said...

Wow, just arrived and already (in)famous!! ;-)

Sam said...

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!

Tina! said...

Don't worry Jim! This isn't actually my bucket list, this bucket list was assigned to me by my friends. So it's less of a bucket list, more of a "do these stupid and embarrassing things so we can make fun of you later for it."

Sam: I KNOW RIGHT!