16 February 2012

A Normal Wednesday Night, or, How I Made Friends with the Mormon Missionaries

I made craptons of friends yesterday!  Let's count them!

1)  A British guy at the copy shop who makes suits for a living and offered to make my parents a suit at a reduced price because I was so nice and spoke such lovely German.  We bonded over a discussion of the Greek economic situation, and how impractical pants with pockets down to your ankles would be.

2 and 3)  Two Mormon missionaries who approached me on the street last night and asked in heavily accented German if I believed in God.  I said, "That's a pretty heavy question for a Wednesday night," in English.  Turns out they were from Minnesota and Utah, and they quite adorably tried to get me to come to a Book of Mormon study party at their apartment on Saturday.  I can't battle with people that cute, so I just smiled and nodded as they told me all about how Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon, but did not mention anything about the angel giving him a pair of magic goggles to do it.  Yes I have read Under the Banner of Heaven.  I still love Mormons though, provided they're not the cast of Sister Wives.

4)  The South African's Zimbabwean army friend.  Those two together are non-stop hilarity, and Latvian Friend and I wound up taking them to the salsa bar.  Being from Sub-Saharan Africa does not automatically bless you with dancing skills, for the record.

That's all I got!  Adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you only hate sister wives because you want to be one...whorebag