05 August 2011

Au Pair Fail Round 2

So against all odds, the sun came out this morning and I said to myself "Damn the seventy-degree weather, I'm wearing shorts."  It's much easier to shave in the upstairs bathroom, so there I went.  However, it doesn't have a shower curtain.  Also, the door doesn't lock.  I failed to barricade it.  Child barged in, and I, half-shaven, had to convince him to get out.  But I learned something about myself: nakedly reasoning with a two-year old is not one of my strong suits.

This all happening, of course, less than twenty-four hours after he got into my underwear drawer and started putting my bras on his head, while dancing and yelling "This is my hat!  This is my hat!"

Au Pair fail.

I don't think his parent expected him to see that for a few years, but it is Europe, so who knows.

In other news, we're going to Berlin this weekend.  Unfortunately all my Berlin friends are away, but I really hope the one gets back from France in time to hang out with me. Have a lovely weekend, my friends.  Keep your clothes on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaa, only you Tina, only you...

-Amy

Anonymous said...

Bra-like hats are all the rage in Europe right now.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Germany the country where people love to hangout naked in public parks, TV, etc.?

Tina! said...

Yes, but STILL!