17 June 2011

My bags arrive, and other things of importance

My bags came!  Which means I have finally stopped damning Scandinavian Airlines to the deepest circle of hell, and officially finished unpacking.  

So the airplane ride was relatively uneventful.  My tia, because she is awesome, managed to pull some employment strings and somehow got me an upgrade to business class, where the food is better, the seats are big, and the movies are on-demand.  Awesome!  And that complete meltdown I have somehow managed to avoid over the last few months?  Don't worry, I had it around 5 am, somewhere over northern England.  It's done now.

After going to bed at a shamefully early time last night (9 PM, which hasn't happened since I was, oh...five years old), I got up bright and early to begin my first full day in Celle.  Also, random sidenote, I was not aware that I was far north enough for it to still be light out at ten pm, but apparently it is so.  This morning I took my bike and explored the town a little bit, and later on, we went to the day-care to pick up my charge from school.  He goes to an alternative day-care, where they don't believe in corners or plastic, and everything is painted in earth-tones.  It's actually awesome.  You have to take off your shoes before you go into the classroom.

In other news, my room is superbly awesome.  I didn't think any room could top mine in the US--say what you want about clown colors, but it is amazing--but this one gives mine a run for it's money.  Check it out!

When you enter, you come to a little sitting area thing...



Then there are these cool beam thingies that are almost like a doorway to the other room, and which are now holding my postcard collection...



The view from the window...


There's a neat little ladder...


...that leads up to a small storage room...



My desk...



Bed, table, and sitting chairs...



And the bookcase.


And that's it!  Adios!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!...awesome room!

Anonymous said...

it's no hammock, but it'll do =P