07 June 2011

The Domestic Travel Recap Post, Part 1: Nebraska!

Having just come back from my final domestic travel trip, I decided we needed a recap post, and since this blog is basically a dictatorship, we're doing a recap post.  Actually, two of them.

First up:  Nebraska!

Becca got married, Becca got married!  And I was a bridesmaid, which was awesome.  Omaha was fabulous as ever, mostly because Becca and her family live there, and I love all of them dearly.  The weekend started off with a Hellish Airport Experience, in which I spent nine hours in the Philadelphia airport, as flight after flight was canceled.  I wound up having to take a six am flight out of Newark the next morning, which means that, all together, it took me exactly twenty-four hours to get to Nebraska.  So basically, I should have driven because it would have been faster.

Friday we ran around doing last minute preparations, and Becca got her nails done while I wandered around Walmart taking pictures of Edward Cullen birthday cards and spelling out random messages for Becca to find later as she went back through her pictures.  For example:


And when all the last minute things got stressful enough, we laid down on the floor and pretended we were starfish.

Saturday was the wedding itself, so it was off to the hair salon, where I had half my scalp pulled out, but the end result was quite pretty.  Also, I wore make-up for the first time since prom.  The wedding itself was lovely, and I, being the graceful swan I am, tripped on the way back down the aisle.  I was hoping nobody had noticed, but then I saw Becca's mom in front row, falling over laughing.

Other things that were interesting:

--it was forty degrees out, so we bridesmaids were freezing our asses off when it came time for pictures.

--the venue had giant bronze cut-outs of cows in the driveway...so obviously, we took wedding pictures with them .

--I love Nebraska.

Congratulations, Becca and Seth!






No comments: