18 June 2011

Tina vs. PPBs Round 1

Before I paint the PPB showdown picture for you, here are a few other interesting things that have happened to me:

1)  I found a shop called "Pimp My Style," which made me really happy.
2)  In the newspaper yesterday there was an article called "Gemeinsam Gutes tun: Workcamps verbinden Ferien und Arbeit," which translates as: "Doing good together: Workcamps combine vacation and work."  Considering the country I now reside in, I was completely scandalized by this headline, and have since come to the conclusion that by "workcamps" the Germans are not referring to concentration camps, else I don't think I could function.
3)  While biking in town today, I was approached by a group of guys about my age, the most striking of which was dressed as a nurse, complete with a terrible ginger wig and fake boobs.  They then tried to sell me condoms.  As I later discovered, it was a bachelor party.  Because apparently, in order to signal to all other women that you're getting married tomorrow, the most logical thing to do is dress as a nurse and sell them prophylactics.  Duh.

And now, Tina vs. PPBs, Round 1.

Today my family had over several of my charge's friends, and their parents.  I had previously met a few of the children yesterday at the day care, but this one child was new.  I walked outside, saw him, and gave him a big smile and wave, in typical Tina fashion.  Usually I find this gesture elicits at least a smile, and sometimes as much as a hug or an ass-grab.  But no.  This child fixed me with what I can only describe as the singular blackest, most frightening look that I have ever received, from anyone, let alone a two-year-old.  Even the kid's father said "Wow, he is really glaring at you."  It was so dark and disturbing it stopped me in my tracks for a moment.  But then I thought to myself, "Why, it's only a sweet two-year old who clearly hasn't gotten a solid hold on his facial expressions yet, obviously he doesn't mean it."  I took a step closer.  The sweet two-year-old stood up, and screamed, at the top of his lungs, "She is EEEEEEEEVIL!"  Then he drooled at me.

Tina: 0  PPBs: 1

The child eventually came around, and we were best friends ten minutes later, but not before he told me that I talked funny.  What can I say, kids are astute observers of the world around them.  Hold the evil jokes.

1 comment:

Sally E, said...

Sounds like a scene from the movie The Omen.