19 July 2011

How I Know I'm in Europe

Host Mom and I were over at She Of The Infamous Crepes Station's house, when Favorite Six Year Old overheard her younger sister make some comment about marriage, to which she responded "But...two women can't get married to each other!"  At which point all the adults in the room rounded on her and positively yelled "YES, THEY CAN.  AND SO CAN TWO MEN."

In Jersey there would be that awkward pause while you try to remember how conservative the people around you are, and how much shit you'll take if you thrust your pinko-commie views on an innocent child.

I love, love, love, Germany.

Lüneburg got rescheduled due to rain, but the host family and I did go on a day trip to a farm-museum-thing, the highlight of which was the ten minutes where I played on stilts.



Also, I've spent the last two days watching Favorite Six Year Old, her sister, and the charge while their mother was running errands.  They live in a tiny little village on the outskirts of Celle, which was lovely.  We ran around, saw cows, and put our feet in the Aller river.  All in all, good times!





And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.  Adios!

No comments: