30 September 2011

Your questions answered!

Q:  What was the barn madness?
Nothing particularly maddening, just that I had two horses to ride at two different barns and not a whole lot of time to do it.

Q:  Do Germans like chocolate mousse?
That they do!

Q:  Do Germans really feed bread to the horses?
Yes, which reads strange to me as well.  There's a giant sack full of old baguettes sliced up, and the horses eat it.  And I though feeding them peanut M&M's was weird.

Q:  What is the thing you couldn't tell us from the last blog entry?
Still can't tell you!  But trust me when I say IT IS AWESOME.

Q:  SHBF??
I'm working on it!  I have spoken with the people involved, but it is unfortunately terribly far away. :(  But I have not lost hope!

Q:  What is your favorite German dish?
Käsespätzle.  It's like macaroni and cheese mated with chocolate and produced the most delicious love baby of all time.

Q:  And what's the most disgusting food you have come across in Germany so far?
Zwiebelkuchen with grapes.  First off, the concept of an onion cake by itself sounds like disgustingness, but then you add grapes on top of it?  And it becomes that much worse.
__________________________________

Yesterday I was clomping happily down the stairs, thinking about how culture shock is so last month and I'm over it.  Of course, later that night I was flipping through the channels, when I stumbled across a scene of a lovely empty field.  I stared at it curiously, waiting for something to happen.  The next thing I knew, two naked people came riding on horses across it, and while I scrambled for the remote, the one girl's name popped up on the screen like so:

Meike Schmidt
ENJOYS DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE HORSE

And I was so horrified I couldn't move.

Things that are less horrifying!  I had a spontaneous Skype session with Sam yesterday, which was awesome and hilarious.  Apparently, according to Sam, I have ceased to say "um" like an American, having traded it out for what she described as an:


But according to Sam, for accuracy, umlauts need to be added to every letter, just to make the pronunciation clearer:


and that, my friends, is how you say "um" in German.

Off to Köln for the weekend, with Marina and one of her coworkers (who I dreamt was an Irish midget, but who, as far as I can tell, is actually just a British man of average British height). see you Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaesespaetzle <3 i have a special place in my heart for that stuff. also, skype with me soon!

<3amy

Sam said...

I am so glad you remembered the final umlaut under the H! That's the one that gives eughm that special flem sound.

Mugambismonkey said...

I wonder what kind of TV channel you were browsing?!

I start believing you may be obsessed with full frontal nudity (or the absolute absence of the latter). I can't decide yet which is worse. (Even though as a German I should opt for the second statement, I guess). Hehehe...