27 May 2008

Where have I gone?

I want to post (again) today, just to share these words of wisdom with you:

Some days, I wake up in the morning, and I get Germany. On those days it doesn't feel like a foreign country anymore, I understand the pace of life here, I know the way things work, I can buy my sister a birthday present and ship it, I can get on the bus, talk to my friends, and just understand, no problems, no worries, just understand. Then I get to the Uni, where some student organization has advertised itself by making me step over cut-out silhouettes taped to the ground of dead people with still-bleeding bullet holes in their heads, chests, and abdomens, and 98% of me isn't bothered in the slightest. The other 2% of me mourns my lost humanity and cries out for vengeance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, did i read something about a birthday present being bought and shipped to your sister who just happens to have a birthday coming up in like 14 days? wooooot!!!!!!!
ughhhh, now i want to know what it isssss!!!

tortured by the thought of me not finding out for another 2 weeks or so,
amy

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Tina. While Chris can still cajole you into doing your belly role by claiming that women are inferior to men, you still haven't completely lost yourself.

--Bruce :)