28 July 2008

The Plan

Hey allz,

Don't expect too much from the next few entries, I really haven't been up to much. The plan is to stay in Konstanz and not do anything except live up my last week.

So for those of you who live under a rock, I'm coming home in exactly a week from today. I know that a bunch of my friends are gone for awhile (Jen, Sam, Jean, anyone else?), so my question is, who's around when I get back? I feel like I should do things. Sitting around my house moping is not conducive to a happy soul or whatever.

Yesterday I got up at 9, cleaned, and then cooked a big American breakfast. Fabio, Canadian Friend, and another friend all came over and we managed to eat all five packages of bacon that I had cooked (but not in one sitting). Then we sat outside, played cards, and smoked hookah...for four hours. Then it was time to go to our farewell dinner at a local Hotel (thanks Rutgers), and then I came back and ate more food (Marina's mom cooked a giant meal! And, no offense Insel Hotel, it was way better than the 25 Euro guinea fowl I ate at your place.) Then I called friends from home. Then I went to sleep.

See? I'm doing absolutley nothing, and the plan probs won't be changing.

Alright, I've got at least an hour before I have to start doing anything productive, so I'm going to go watch The Illusionist. Fabio and I tried to watch it the other night, but I passed out 20 minutes into it. He says it was really good, so I try again, but this time during the day.

Is anyone like an English afficionado? Do you know why we can say both "Look! There's trees!" and "Look! There're trees!" and they both sound correct?

EDIT: The Illusionist was SO GOOD!

6 comments:

Toomin said...

Despite my best attempts, I probably will be home... and just as bored. Feel free to do anything when you get back and I'm in. Enjoy your last week and don't do anything we in Philly wouldn't do!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should do things.

Dare I suggest...training?

--Bruce

Tina! said...

That's numero uno on my list, I promise!

Anonymous said...

..how about getting yourself reacquainted with Austin?

Anonymous said...

ew GROSS! T that's disgusting

hopefully you won't smell like hookah when you come home

ew,
amy

Tina! said...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BOTH OF YOU?!

CHRIST! You would almost think from the way you and mom carry on that I'd eaten ten packs of cigarettes and then made out with black lung disease or what not. GET OVER IT, IT'S JUST HOOKAH.

Please ingest some chill pills,
Tina