15 July 2008

Quick Updates

Some quick updates about life:

1) Claire left yesterday morning :(. Dragon is lonely for his Pirate Duck.

2) After Claire left, I've basically been locked in my room during my stupid giant oral presentation. 15-20 minutes in German on a text that's so hard, it took reading it 4 times to understand it...and it's in English. The title is "Cultural Pragmatics: Social Performance Between Ritual and Strategy", and if that doesn't make you want to throw yourself off a roof, I don't know what does. At some point I have to bring Monica Lewinsky into the picture, but right now, I'm concentrating on not dying. I've got Fabio and Vegemite helping me (and they are AWESOME), but as Vegemite was reading it through with me, making sure I was making sense, she said, "Shit. This is hard." Which is probably the best way to put it.

3) Some cool things are coming up. Vegemite's birthday is Thursday, and we are partying like rockstars. Friday I (finally!) have my Rent An American school visit, which should be awesome, and I will probably get cool stories from it. Saturday I leave for Vienna, Rutgers is paying for it, and, truth be told, I don't actually want to go because a) I've already been there, b) I wasn't a huge fan of it the first time, c) when I come back, I'll only have 10 days left before I leave Germany and d) I would much rather spend those four days in Konstanz instead of Vienna. Bleh. But Rutgers pays. This is good.

4) That's about all that's new or interesting. Hopefully cool stories will come up. Trying not to be sad about leaving, but it's hard because friends are starting to go home. That's about it.

5) New favorite song! I found a new band: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0JKohRJfRrA

Adios amigos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i'm going to go through your entire blog and count how many favorite songs you've had. i'm guessing around thirty but we'll see! I know you're sad about leaving, but just look at the bright side. You haven't seen me since the beginning of MARCH! Not that I've changed besides the fact that I'm a bit more tan, but still. And even though I know you'll have just gotten home and oyu miss your horse and friends and stuff, i hope you come to west virginia with us! It's five days of chilling out and climbing up mountains and seeing cougars and whatever else you do there, plus a hot tub...and me. A hot tub and your little sister who you haven't seen in forever? What more could you want?!

With love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

p.s. And I just realized that I didn't use a single smiley face thing in that...I don't think I've ever gone two or three sentences without sticking one of those in before...=P

Herr Joe said...

Can you send me a copy of that article? It seems interesting. Should be good in the bathroom at the very least.