16 November 2011

The One Where Tina Goes to the Motherland

Here are the reasons I am actually the worst Portuguese citizen on the planet:

1)  I don't speak Portuguese.
2)  I don't eat octopus.
3)  I have never been to Portugal.

Not much to be done about the first two, but number three is going to change in exactly a month.  I know this, because I just booked the ticket.  I'm going to visit my aunts, whom I have never met, or at least not since developing a memory, but knowing my parents, they've probably been getting pictures since I was a blip on an 80's ultrasound.  And I'm pretty sure the one reads my blog, if so, HI TIA I AM COMING TO VISIT YOU.

Other than that, I have no idea what's going on, but I DO know that I will a) finally get to meet some of the Portuguese family, b) add some fun stories to my repetitive arsenal, and c) embarrass myself terribly.  So basically, a normal weekend in the life, with the slick addition of relatives.

In other news, the first entry for the (Tia, cover your eyes) Fuck the ß!!!!1 contest came, and it is pretty amazing, so thank you Jon**!  Your ß is fabulous, so everyone else, bring your A (or ß?)-game, because Jon wants German chocolate VERY BADLY.

Favorite song of the day!



And that's all I got.  Adios!


**No, Philadelphia, a different Jon, this one has never been shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget about "adios". In Portuguese it's "adeus". Get on with the program here Ms. Portuguese citizen who doesn't like octopus.