28 March 2008

Culture shock? Maybe a little

So today we had evaluations with our Sprachkurs teacher, and she told me in no uncertain terms that my German is terrible, and that my accent when I speak is bad I can't be understood. If that doesn't make you feel lovely on the inside, I don't know what does. First I was really really upset, so I texted my mom and told her what my teacher had said, and she replied "That's what my english teacher said to me." Which makes me feel a little better just because (if you've never met my mom) she's an english-speaking BEAST. So I'm not upset anymore, now I'm just pissed. Really, really, really pissed.

Dear Psycho Bitch of a German teacher,
Thanks to you I'm going to spend an obscene amount of money on German movies and be the best speaker EVER. Mostly because I hate you and I want to take my defensive flashlight to your face. I hope I run into you in a few months, and when I do, I'll tell you all of this in German. And then I'll take my defensive flashlight to your face. and I AM taking classes in German, I don't care what you say. You think I can't do it? Hah! Watch me.

3 comments:

Toomin said...

Oh that poor poor German teacher, she really has no idea what she's just done. Just don't make the same mistake Paul did and pick up your dialect and accent from a bunch of gangster movies, lol. Glad to hear you're doing well!

Sam said...

Wholehearted agreement with Zack...and sorry I missed your call yesterday!! I still need to get Skype+microphone.

Anonymous said...

On a sidenote, Rutgers' women's bball team beat GW just now and kicked us out of the NCAA tournament...I hope you're happy with what you've done.

-Sam