27 March 2008

Top 5 Reasons Why Today Is Better

Here are why today has been a pretty kickass day, (infintely better than tuesday)

1) My eye is like 12 shades of blue, black, purple and red and I look like a total badass. I'm totally rocking the domestic abuse look.

2) I made THREE--count 'em, THREE German friends, Wolf who I met through Colombian friend, my pass partner Maggie who's adorable, and a random girl on the bus who (get this) is on the RIDING team, and said she'll take me Monday to check it out. HELLS yes!!!

3) I have a roommate!! Her name's Andrea, she's from near Stuttgart, and I probably scared her a little bit, but she's really nice and she's moving in Saturday. HOORAY!! Now I won't be all alone!

4) We're going to see Die Welle tonight and eating Chinese food. Heart. Plus also my language course is over which means I never have to see my stupid teacher again!

5) Looks like if Eastern Europe doesn't work out, I'll at least be going to Switzerland, probably some other random cities in Germany, and possibly to Slovakia to a few days to visit Martina. The rest of Eastern Europe will get saved for when Sam and I meet up (dear sam I am so excited love tina)

Dear Karma,
You've really done a 180 on me. Thanks! I much appreciate it.
Love,
Tina

LATER:

Die Welle was AWESOME. And freaky. And vaguely disturbing. I would like to quickly point out the differences between the American and German versions of the film, since I'm assuming none of you will see it (caution: spoilers). The American version ends happily after. The German version ends with a kid going completely psycho, shooting up a room and then blowing his brains out. Really one of those movies that make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Afterwards I decided to watch the last half hour of Shakespeare in Love to cheer myself up. (Unsuccessful)

it also turns out that Maggie my pass partner is friends with my german teacher from second semester last year...small world?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*singing off-key*

"It's a small world after all..."

-Jennifer