03 March 2008

The Bucket List

Two-thirds of the way packed (and thoroughly sick of folding clothes), I've decided to post the list of tasks Sam assigned me to complete in the five months I'll be in Germany. Sort of like the 12 Labors of Hercules, only with less killing of mythical creatures. Here it goes:

1) Speak German to a stranger and be completely misunderstood
2) Get hopelessly lost and have no idea how to get back to wherever I got lost from
3) Stop liking horses. This one comes from a bet Sam and I made in 7th or 8th grade where we put ten dollars on whether or not I'd still like horses by the time I turned 21. And when this task doesn't get completed (and I win) I'm charging her for inflation.
4) Beat up a German dude
5) Consume wienerschnitzel and wear lederhosen, and/or consume lederhosen and wear wienerschnitzel
6) Become a dachsund farmer
7) Visit Dresden
8) Learn to blow glass and sculpt them into ballerina figurines
8) Speak German to a stranger and be completely understood

So so far those are the 8 Labors of Tina. Does anyone have any suggestions or additions to make? Any requests?

Peace out America!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that list is incomplete without the third #8: Become destitute (preferably by doing something really cool but economically unfortunate) and resort to doing some sort of act on the street for money (to be interpreted however you choose).

Toomin said...

Excuse me, why will you not be killing any mythical creatures? I think you won't get the true Europe experience if you don't bring a griffin's head back with you. You're going to have a blast Tina; everyone in Philly misses you already!

Anonymous said...

Both Jen and Zack are perfectly right...and I believe you forgot to add my demand that you marry a man named either Hans or Ahnold.

Also, I met YET ANOTHER PERSON who was born on March 12th...that makes five people I know. What the hell is up with June 12th???

-Sam

Anonymous said...

One of your friends made a bet that you will no longer like horses? Probably the *easiest* ten bucks you'll ever make. ;-)

And yes...I also demand for you to at least bring back a mythical creature's head as a trophy. Time for you to put that Yagyu training to good use...

Jennifer