18 March 2008

Tina vs. Pre-Pubescent German Boys--Round 2

I have 3 questions:
Why do these things happen to me?
Why can't German pre-teens leave me alone?
Why does God hate me?

I didn't mean to post twice in one day (sorry), but I feel like I should tell people my latest Story of the Day, which happened about a half-hour after I left to bike-ride (woot!) across town to a friend's.

Needless to say I got really lost, and I wound up on the wrong side of the building I was trying to get to, which had a bunch of apartments and stuff. I wound up climbing up the stairs, past a random 10-year old who was messing around with a skateboard in front of a row of dumpsters. I got all the way up to the top, only to realize I'd messed up and would have to go back down the stairs, and all the way around to the other side of the building. So I hauled Bike down the steps, and as I passed the skateboarding ten year old, one of the dumpsters came to life, started roaring, and chased me.

If this doesn't really do it for you, picture a 20 year old american running from a bellowing mobile compost heap while a ten year old kid hugs his skateboard for dear life and gives himself an aneurysm laughing.

"What is that?" he said (innocently)
"No idea," I said, and kept walking. From behind me I heard the Dumpster Monster jump out of said mobile compost heap and start enthusiastically asking "What did she say? What did she say?"

Tina: 0
Pre-Pubescent Germans: 2

What I really want to know is how a ten year old German boy was able to propel a full sized dumpster after me with reasonable speed. And why they can't leave me alone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, I am very confused. Does Germany really use robotic/android dumpsters that roar out of their own authority, or did a little kid just jump out of said dumpster and scare you??

Either way, at least this time neither the 10 year-old nor the android dumpster propositioned you for paid sex. This time.

-Sam

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tina...you really have a way with those German boys, don't you? ;-)

Next time, just wap those little twits upside the head...

-Jennifer

Tina! said...

no, the kid was hiding in the dumpster and managed to chase me while he was IN it. that's what I can't figure out

Anonymous said...

So the kid and the dumpster managed to become part of the same mechanism...part living tissue, part steel. Or perhaps he was born that way, a human being/dumpster combination. Very curious indeed...I think you should investigate.

-Sam