08 April 2008

Switzerland on Sundays

Switzerland!! Not that clean and their German is so retarded and dialect-ed, my roommate rants that it's not even German, and now I know what he means. They're completely unintelligible. But on Sunday we decided to go to Switzerland anyway (because there's nothing else to do on a sunday) and see the opera Carmen. Except nobody told us that it would be entirely in french without german subtitles. So needless to say, we were more than a little lost, and I was doubly confused because my only exposure to Carmen has been the Hey Arnold version I saw in like, fifth grade. Who else remembers that? Here it is:



It was pretty sweet, we ran around Sankt Gallin, and I saw a Mexican restaraunt named US-Mex, which made me laugh for a long time but nobody else got it. Also I made everyone go to Starbucks because I miss caramel apple ciders. Except stupid Switzerland doesn't have those. So I got a vanilla bean frappucino but stupid switzerland doesn't have those either, so I just got a vanilla one. Not bad, but not like Grandma Starbucks back home makes.

Probably the best part of the day though was when we found this big Stadtlounge thing, and normally it's like an outdoor bar/restauraunt/socializing place. But with the crappy weather, it was just a bunch of red astroturf benches and tables which we ran around like fools on:




it was a pretty fun time. other than that, nothing interesting has happened. German horse show was wet, cold, rainy, and not that much fun, but I learned alot. Like how European riders are not always better.

Meeting Marina and her little sister (who's visiting) for breakfast, going to the police station (because there are no good samaritans in germany), and then going (back) to switzerland. there's apparently a giant chocolate factory in Kreuzlingen, which we're going to check out. will let you know how that goes!

adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that episode was only, like, my favorite epidsode of hey arnold ever.
seriously.